Is Apex Legends' Error Code 30005 continuing to plague your battle royale experience? You're not alone.
Released back in February 2019, Apex Legends has established itself as a popular online battle royale game. As with so many online games though, EA has been unable to avoid error codes. Today, we'll take a look at Error Code 30005, which prevents the game from launching successfully - a key error to fix ahead of Season 10's release.
We'll consider what causes it, and what the possible fixes for it might be. You'll be back in the heat of battle in no time.
How to fix Apex Legends Error Code 30005
The good news is that with problems, come answers. So try these fixes, and see if they resolve this frustrating error for you.
Delete the sys file inside the Easy Anti-Cheat folder. To do this:
- Go to the folder where you installed Easy Anti-Cheat
- Open the folder and right-click on the EasyAntiCheat.sys file
- Select Delete
- Restart the game
If there is a potential issue with damaged game files:
- From the Easy Anti-Cheat folder, launch EasyAntiCheat.exe
- Select Apex Legends
- Choose the Install or repair option
- The system will identify and repair any corrupted files
- Once complete, restart the game
Finally, make sure your Anti-Virus has Easy Anti-Cheat on its safe list so that it won't interfere with it as it tries to perform its role. These solutions are likely to remedy the vast majority of cases. If you are still struggling, you can consider uninstalling and then reinstalling Apex Legends and Easy Anti-Cheat from your device.
What is Apex Legends CreateFile failed with 32 error?
Error Code 30005 happens when a player tries to launch the game. Specifically, it is caused by an issue with the Easy Anti-Cheat software which runs in the background. As the name suggests, Easy Anti-Cheat is designed to prevent players from gaining an unfair advantage in the game. So when it isn't working properly, the game simply won't load correctly.
There are a few reasons why there might be an issue with Easy Anti-Cheat:
- Sys File: The sys file that is located inside the Easy Anti-Cheat folder might be stopping it from creating another file. The creation of this file is necessary as it contains the launch data for the game. So if it can't be created, the game won't launch.
- Anti-Virus: An over-enthusiastic anti-virus can block Easy Anti-Cheat from doing its job, by preventing it from accessing the internet. If it can't communicate with the game, the game won't launch.
- Damaged files: If the game files have become corrupted, or some components are missing, this can also trigger this error. Easy Anti-Cheat needs to verify all the game files before the game can launch.