If you are wondering how to turn on profile view history on TikTok, then we have got you covered.
Like the TikTok Playlist feature, the profile view history feature is available only to users who meet the requirements to access the feature. If you're one of those users, this article is going to give you a little insight into what the feature is and how to enable it on TikTok.
Table of Contents
- Can Someone See If You Viewed Their TikTok Profile?
- What Is Profile View History Feature?
- How To Turn On Profile View History On TikTok
- How To See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
- How To Turn Off Profile View History On TikTok
- Does TikTok Tell You Who Viewed Your Profile 2022?
- TikTok Profile View History Not Working
- How To View Someone's TikTok Profile Without Them Knowing 2022
Can Someone See If You Viewed Their TikTok Profile?
Yes, someone can see if you viewed their TikTok profile, but there is a catch.
To use the TikTok profile view history, you must have less than 5000 followers and be older than 16. Also, both parties should have their profile view history feature turned on to see if you viewed their TikTok profile.
In other words, if you turn off your profile view history feature and snoop on their TikTok profile, they won't know if you viewed their profile.
What Is Profile View History Feature?
The profile views feature allows users to see who viewed their profile in the past 30 days. Just turn the feature on and it will tell you who looks at your TikTok. Although whether this is a good thing or not, remains to be seen.
When someone snoops on your profile, TikTok will send you a notification to inform you that someone viewed your profile. You can view the list of people who visited your profile in the notification tab. The profile view notification typically looks like “x has viewed your profile [point of time].”
This is a great feature because it gives you a glimpse into whether someone is monitoring you. However, you have to explicitly turn this feature on to get the profile view notifications.
- Read More: Best Time To Post On TikTok
How To Turn On Profile View History On TikTok
So you’re curious to know who viewed your TikTok profile huh? Well, it is very easy to turn on the profile view history on TikTok. If you're one of the users who have this feature right now, here is how to turn on the profile view history on TikTok:
- Open TikTok and tap on the Profile icon.
- Open your settings through the 3-line menu icon in the top right corner, and select Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Privacy, and then go to Profile Views.
- Turn on the Profile view history toggle.
Alternatively, you can take the following steps to turn on the profile view history feature.
- In your TikTok app, tap Profile in the bottom right.
- Tap the 3-line menu icon in the top right to go to your settings.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Profile views.
- Toggle on the Profile view history feature.
Now that you have turned on the profile view history feature, let's learn how to see the people who visited your TikTok profile in the past 30 days.
How To See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
You can see who viewed your TikTok profile by clicking the eye icon in your profile tab. If you tap it, you will be taken to the visitors’ history page where all your viewers reside. Take a close look at them.
- Open TikTok and tap on the Profile icon.
- Tap the eye icon located on the top bar.
- That's it! You will see the list of accounts that viewed you in the past 30 days.
It's worth mentioning that if you have your profile view feature turned off, you won't be showing up in the history of the person you are looking up. Needless to say, you won't be able to view the list of the people who are searching for you. Fair enough, right?
- Read More: How To Un Repost On TikTok
How To Turn Off Profile View History On TikTok
Now, let's see how to turn off profile views on TikTok, so you can search without anyone knowing. Here is how to turn off profile view history on TikTok:
- Tap the profile icon.
- Click on the eye icon located on the top bar.
- Tap the Gear icon to view the options.
- Toggle off Profile view history, and you are safe.
This way you can view someone's TikTok profile without them knowing. However, there is a trade-off - you will not be able to see your profile visitors list while the profile view history feature is turned off. You can turn the feature back on whenever you please, following the instructions in the previous section.
Does TikTok Tell You Who Viewed Your Profile 2022?
Yes, if both you and the person who viewed your profile have the profile view history feature turned on, TikTok will notify you that this particular person viewed your profile.
Conversely, if the person has the profile view history feature turned off or they are searching without a TikTok account (via the web), you will not be notified.
- Read More: Latest TikTok Trends
TikTok Profile View History Not Working
TikTok's profile view history has a barrier. If only you are 16 years of age or older and have fewer than 5,000 followers, you will have access to this feature.
If the feature is not working for you, then it's probably because you don't meet the requirements. If that's not the case, you can try the following fixes:
- Update the app.
- Try logging out and logging in again.
- See if the TikTok servers are up and running.
If you have tried all the above suggestions and you are still having trouble, then you can contact the TikTok support team. They will definitely help you out.
Read More: How To Fix 0 Views On TikTok
How To View Someone's TikTok Profile Without Them Knowing 2022
With the introduction of the TikTok profile view history feature, many people are wondering how they can view someone's profile secretly. Well, there are two ways to achieve this feat.
One, turn off the profile view history feature, view the profile you wish to view and then turn it back on (if you want to). We have given detailed instructions on how to turn it off above.
Second, search on TikTok without an account. Since you are searching anonymously, that person wouldn't know that you are snooping on them. Easy, right?
And that covers everything about the TikTok profile view history feature. Now have a look at other TikTok tutorials such as how to see your TikTok watch history.