Are you looking for videos you have already watched on TikTok but don't know where or how to find them? If so, the TikTok watch history feature is here to help.
It happens all the time; videos get lost in TikTok. But the good news is that you can find those lost videos; TikTok ain't a black hole.
How To Find TikTok Videos You've Already Watched
TikTok now has a native watch history feature which allows users to see the videos they’ve viewed in the past seven days. There are also other ways to find your watch history, and we will explain them all in this guide.
So, if you’re wondering how to see your TikTok watch history, here are a few ways to find it:
Using the watch history feature
Finally, TikTok has integrated the watch history feature into its app. To view your watch history:
- Go to your Profile and tap the three stacked lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, tap Settings and privacy.
- Finally, select Watch history under the Content & Activity section.
You will be taken to a screen where you can browse through all of the videos you've watched in the last seven days. If you want a watch history of more than seven days, you can follow the instructions in method 3.
Using the search bar
If the watch history feature is not available for you, then this is the most straightforward way to find the TikTok videos you’ve already watched.
You can use this method to find videos on TikTok when you accidentally refreshed your feed. All you have to do is open the TikTok app on your phone and follow the instructions below.
- Head to the Discover tab.
- Press the Search icon in the top-right corner.
- Type in an asterisk symbol '*' and press Search.
- Tap the Filters icon on the search bar's right-hand side.
- Toggle on Watched Videos and press Apply.
The asterisk means that it will find and list all the videos you have watched within the last seven days. This way you can find a TikTok video you watched but didn't like. You can also type in a specific query to find videos that match your keyword or keyphrase in your watch history. It will save you some scrolling.
Method 3: By requesting your data
This is a more complicated way of finding the TikTok videos you’ve already watched. If you’re willing to go through the hassle, then this is the way to go. In the end, you will be rewarded with everything associated with your account, like your profile details, activity and app settings.
- Go to Profile.
- Tap the 3-line icon in the top right.
- Navigate to Privacy.
- Under Personalize and data section, you will find the Download your data option; tap on it.
- Now, choose either a TXT file or a JSON file.
- Tap Request Data at the bottom.
- Once your request has been approved (it will not take any more than 4 days), you will be able to download your data.
- In that downloaded ZIP folder, you can find your watch history in a file called Video Browsing History.
There you have it. A bit of work, but it gives you what you want; and even more. These are the only available methods to find videos on TikTok if you accidentally refreshed your feed or the TikTok video you watched but didn't like.
One of the use cases of the watch history feature is that you can use it to find your TikTok reposts - the videos you have reposted. It is a handy way to un repost on TikTok the videos you regret reposting.
Read More: Best Time To Post On TikTok
TikTok Watch History Feature Missing
Apparently, the TikTok watch history has been removed from the app. The removal of the feature has left a lot of users frustrated and confused. TikTok has not yet commented on the issue but it is likely that the feature was removed to fix the TikTok app taking up so much space on the phone issue.
The feature will probably return to the app once TikTok has found a way to resolve the storage issue. In the meantime, you can still view your watch history following one of the alternate methods listed above.