If FIFA 22 crashing is ruining your game, we can help! Having only recently been released, it isn't a complete surprise that FIFA 22 is experiencing some - ahem - teething troubles. But when the crashes that are happening make the game unplayable, that's more like a full root-canal treatment.
In this article, we'll examine some potential fixes to help you overcome the constant crashes, and actually let you experience the game itself. With our help, you'll be able to experience the game in all its glory. Here's how to fix FIFA 22 crashing
FIFA 22 Crashing: How To Fix FIFA 22 Crash On Start Up And On Loading Screen
It almost goes without saying, but it's essential to make sure that your computer meets the minimum specification requirements for the game. If your equipment doesn't meet these needs, then it's really going to struggle to run the game.
But assuming you've checked, and all is well from that perspective, what else can you do, to stop FIFA 22 crashing? Here are a few pointers:
- The first thing to do, is to make sure that your software, drivers and DirectX are all fully up to date. If you have a GeForce GPU, you can search for updates here. AMD can be found here, and for Intel, go here. You can get further support on installing the latest version of DirectX here.
- You may also wish to check the integrity of the game files, in case something got corrupted during the download and installation process. To do this:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game's Library page on the far right
- From the drop down menu, select Properties...
- Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button
- The process will take a few minutes, so be patient. Go make a cup of tea.
Once you've finished your tea, if this still hasn't fixed things, we start getting into some slightly more complicated measures:
- Give FIFA 22 administrator privileges. Right-click on the desktop shortcut, and go to Properties > Compatibility tab > tick the box that says Run this program as an administrator > Apply and Ok to save.
- Make sure you have put FIFA 22 on the safe list on your firewall and antivirus software.
- Some reports have suggested that disabling the Origin overlay can fix this issue. To do this:
- From the Origin client, go to My Game Library
- Select the game and right-click, select Game Properties
- From General tab, uncheck Enable Origin In Game For FIFA 22
- Save the changes and restart the client.
- Similar to the above, disabling the Discord overlay if you are playing via Steam, can have a similar effect:
- Launch Steam client
- Click on Library and right-click on FIFA 22
- Select Properties and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Hopefully, by the time you've reached this point, you have successfully stopped FIFA 22 crashing. If it remains a problem, then it's probably time to contact EA for further help. You can reach them on Twitter via @EAHelp, or go to their website.
We remain hopeful that because the game is so new, this is an issue which will quickly disappear into the fog of memory. But until that time, our tips will hopefully do the job for you.