Hit by the FIFA 23 memory dump error? We have some working fixes for you.
FIFA 23 is out now, and apparently, it is riddled with bugs and problems. Players have already reported issues such as the FIFA 23 anti-cheat error and the store checkout error, which is pretty frustrating, to say the least.
Another annoying error that is making life hard for FIFA players is the memory dump error. However, the good news is that we have some fixes and tricks to make FIFA 23 work again. Let's get into it!
How To Fix FIFA 23 Memory Dump Error
Although the memory dump error is not desirable, it is not as bad as the FIFA 23 won't install error or the unable to save personal settings error as it is relatively easier to fix. The first step to fixing the memory dump error is to make sure your OS as well as the game is updated.
Afterwards, try the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
- Try enabling secure boot as it has fixed the issue for some. To enable secure boot, follow the instructions here.
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Verify the integrity of the game files. To do this, go to your game library on Origin or the EA app, select FIFA 23, and click on Repair.
- If you have any antivirus program running, turn it off and see if the issue is fixed. It worked for some and it might work for you as well.
- Also, try disabling MSI Afterburner and RIVA Statistics as this user suggested.
- Make sure Secure boot is enabled. You can check this by searching for system information, then going to Secure Boot Service, and see if it is enabled or not. If you need to activate it, complete the following steps:
- Run Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and select Restart now under Advanced startup. From the next screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make changes.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA AntiCheat application has worked for some. To do that:
- Go to the FIFA 23 folder and navigate to _Installer > EAAntiCheat.
- Run EAAntiCheat.Installer as administrator.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select FIFA 23, and then click Uninstall.
- Finally, click Install and launch the game to see if the issue is fixed.
- If the issue persists, repeat the above steps but this time don't reinstall the EA AntiCheat within the same window. Instead, after uninstalling the anti-cheat, open the Origin/ EA app as administrator and then launch FIFA 23. The program will prompt you to install anti-cheat. Do so by clicking on Reinstall EA AntiCheat. Afterwards, launch the game.
Hopefully, one of the suggestions should fix the error for you. If nothing seems to work, we recommend you reach out to EA support and report the issue with the memory dump attached as mentioned in the error message.
Read More: How To Fix FIFA 23 Lag Issues
What Is The FIFA 23 Memory Dump Error?
FIFA 23 memory dump error occurs when you try to launch the application. Generally, a memory dump is a file with useful information that may help identify why an application stopped unexpectedly.
When you are hit by this error, FIFA 23 crashes and you will receive the following error.
The application encountered an unrecoverable error.
Click 'OK' to create a memory dump, then please share it on our support site.
The reason behind this error is not clear but it is probably something related to EA AntiCheat. According to a player, EA is aware of the issue and they said the error would be fixed with the first patch after the official release of the game, which is on September 30.
Well, you don't need to wait until that as the tips we have mentioned above will fix the FIFA 23 memory dump error. If you are experiencing a connection error once you are back in the game, come back here as we have some easy fixes for it as well.