Among Us has come a long way since it first launched on mobile devices. With its recent launch on Xbox and PlayStation, it now has a wider audience than ever. But unfortunately, it means a greater number of players potentially being impacted by the Among Us Disconnected From The Server Error. Whether you are playing as a crewmate or an imposter, being booted from the game as it reaches its climax is utterly maddening. So we've put together this helpful guide to explain what you can do to try to fix this and stop it from happening again.
How to fix the Among Us Disconnected From The Server Error
If you have found yourself disconnected from the servers, there are several potential steps to consider taking:
- Start by checking the server status for the game. Check out Downdetector as well as the Xbox Status and the PSN Network, depending upon which platform you are using. If the servers are down, you'll just need to wait until they are back in action before trying again.
- If the servers are fine, then your next step would be to restart the game.
- Check to see if there are any game updates available. An incompatible version of the game can, in some cases, cause issues with connecting to the server.
- Try using a VPN to conenct to a server in a different location.
- Alternatively, if you are already using a VPN, try switching it off, and connect to a server in a closer location.
- Check that your own internet conenction is working properly. So try different apps or devices and see if they have issues. Minimise the traffic on your network - try not to stream music and 4k videos at the same time as trying to play Among Us. If you are on WiFi, switching to a wired Ethernet connection will often result in improved stability. Finally, restarting your router can sometimes improve your network connection.
- If all else fails, try uninstalling, then reinstalling the game.
if nothing seems to be working, you may want to contact the game developers for further support. But what else do we know about this particular issue?
What Is The Disconnected From Server Error?
You'll know if this error has arisen thanks to a few clues. The biggest of which is the error message that pops up saying, "You disconnected from the server. If this happens often, check your network strength. This may also be a server issue".
It isn't immediately clear what exactly causes the problem, other than that there is an issue with the connection between your device and the servers. In some cases, it may be a server problem, while for others, it may be down to their internet connection. There's simply no way of knowing with any certainty.
Your best bet is to try the solutions we outlined earlier. In most cases, you'll be back online playing Among Us in no time.