Genshin Impact Lag: How To Fix Stuttering And Server Lag in Genshin Impact
If stuttering and lag are stopping you from enjoying Teyvat, here’s what you can do about it.
If you are wondering how to fix lag in Genshin Impact, you are in the right place. We have got you covered.
Stuttering and server lag in Genshin impact can severely disrupt your experience of the game. This is particularly annoying if you are in the midst of a titanic clash, or a major narrative moment. With it being such a popular game, you can rest assured that you aren’t the only player who has been impacted by stuttering and server lag.
Take a look at our tips to help reduce stuttering and server lag on Genshin Impact. With our help, you can reduce these issues, and stop them from interfering with your enjoyment of the game. Let’s fix it!
How To Fix Stuttering And Server Lag In Genshin Impact
If you have been experiencing issues with stuttering or server lag, the first thing to do is to check the server status for the game. You can do this by following Genshin Impact on Twitter. You can also check the official Genshin website for news updates. If the servers are experiencing issues, then wait until they are back up and running and see if this resolves your issue. If not, here are some other options to try:
- Close the game and restart your device.
- Make sure the game is fully up to date, and there are no updates pending for your device.
- Check that your device meets the minimum system requirements.
- Run the game as an administrator on the PC:
- Go to the Installation folder of Genshin Impact
- Right Click on Launcher.exe
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Check Run this program as an administrator
- If you are using a VPN, try switching it off.
- Conversely, if you aren’t using a VPN, then it may be worth trying one, in case the issue is with your local server.
- Restart your router.
- Make sure you close down other applications that might be running in the background.
- Likewise, ensure you don’t have lots of other devices or apps competing for bandwidth.
- Ensure Genshin is not being blocked by a firewall or an antivirus.
- Try using a wired connection instead of a wireless one (if applicable).
- On PC, give the game High Priority. This will dedicate more of the computer resources to the game. To do this:
- Press Win + R, type taskmgr and press enter
- Select the Details tab. Locate GenshimImpact.exe. Right-click it and select Set priority > High
- Click on Change Priority
If you are still having no joy after trying these solutions, then it’s about time to contact MiHoYo for additional support. You can do that by clicking here.
Read More: Genshin Impact error code 31-4302: How to fix problem loading game data issue
Why Is Genshin Impact Laggy?
Stuttering and lag are issues that reflect a delay in data being received by the game, and being reflected on screen. Lag is more usually when your inputs take longer than expected to happen on screen. Stuttering is when the game starts to skip frames, making the game jerky, slow, and laggy. This also causes a delay in player actions, and can ultimately make it very difficult to play Genshin with any kind of success.
There are lots of potential causes for these issues:
- Problems with your GPU or RAM struggling to cope with the game
- Hardware settings
- Server issues
- Internet connection issues
- Insufficient bandwidth due to other apps or devices
There are plenty of possible ways to improve stuttering and lag in Genshin. But there are also lots of potential causes for these issues, so there will be an element of trial and error. With our tips, there is every chance that you’ll be back experiencing Teyvat without stuttering and lag thwarting your every move.