Genshin Impact won’t launch 2022: How to fix Genshin Impact launcher not working on PC, iOS and Android
Struggling to launch Genshin Impact? Here’s all the help you need.
If the Genshin Impact launcher isn’t working on your PC or your iOS or Android device, and stopping you from playing this enormously popular game in 2022, you are not alone. If Genshin Impact won’t launch, what can you do about it?
Lots of players have been reporting issues with the launcher not, well, launching. You’ve come to the right place if you are seeking answers. Sit down, read this, and Teyvat will be yours to explore in no time at all.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact Login Error: How to fix account error issues if locked out of account
How to fix Genshin Impact PC launcher
The first thing to do is check that your PC meets the minimum requirements to run the game properly. If it doesn’t, you are always going to struggle to play it. MiHoYo recommends a minimum of 35GB of available storage space, 8GB of RAM, and at least an Intel Core i5 processor (or equivalent). Assuming you meet the basic specifications, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure that all your drivers are fully up to date. An out of date graphics driver can stop the launcher from working.
- Check your internet connection. If you are using a VPN, consider disabling this, as it may also be having an impact.
- Try to run the launcher by going into the game directory and clicking “launcher.exe”.
- Also in the game directory, search for the “vcredist2013_x64.exe” file and double-click it to install. Then go to the Microsoft official website to download and install the latest “VC_redist.x64.exe” and restart the game.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure you are running the game as an administrator. Right-click on the tile on your desktop, then click Run as Administrator
- Make sure your anti-virus software is not blocking the game, by adding Genshin Impact to the whitelist.
- Terminate any unnecessary apps that are running in the background.
Alternatively, you can open Genshin Impact on the PC without the launcher. After finding the GenshinImpact.exe file in Genshin Impact’s directory (where you installed the game), and ended all other Genshin Impact processes via the Task Manager, you should be able to select the .exe file and launch Genshin directly.
READ MORE: Are the Genshin Impact servers down? Error code 4206 explained
How to fix Genshin Impact iOS launcher
Whether you are on iPhone or iPad, the principles will remain the same. You will need to be on iOS 9 or later, and have a minimum of 8GB of free storage space for the game.
- Start by closing the game down completely, and trying to relaunch it.
- If this doesn’t work, close the game, then do a restart of your device. A power cycle can often flush out any gremlins.
- Check for any outstanding updates to either the phone or the game.
- Your next option is to delete Genshin Impact and then reinstall it. This will clear any firmware, and reinstalling will make certain that you are on the latest version of the game.
Read More: Genshin Impact error code 9908: What does it mean and how can you fix it?
How to fix Genshin Impact Android launcher
The minimum requirements for an Android device are a minimum of 8GB of free storage space, 3GB RAM, and running on Android 7.0 or above.
- As with the iOS devices, shutting the game down and then relaunching it is the first thing to try.
- Power cycle your device, and then close down any apps that are running in the background. The fewer apps running, the more RAM is available for Genshin.
- Run the game on minimum graphic settings.
- Clear the cache and local files. Go into Settings > Apps > Genshin Impact. You will find a Storage and Cache option, and you need to clear the cache and local data from there. You will then need to redownload additional files, but if any of the cached data had become corrupted, this can remedy the situation.
- If none of these work, then uninstall and reinstall the game.