Gran Turismo 7 is generating plenty of plaudits, and fans will no doubt be eager to experience the first of the series built to play on the PS5. But some players may be encountering a somewhat irksome Gran Turismo 7 download error. Instead of firing up the engine and driving off into adventure, you are sat, your engine stalled, wheels falling off, and windscreen wipers scraping across the windscreen.
Luckily, like your own personal mechanic, we've got some handy tools to help explain how you can this situation resolved, so you can get back on your way. Here's what you need to do, should you find yourself in this situation.
How To Fix The GT 7 Download Issue On PlayStation
If you are struggling to download GT 7 onto your PlayStation, your first step is to ensure that you actually have sufficient free space on your hard drive. Gran Turismo 7 comes in at a fairly chunky 110GB. So if you don't have enough space, you're going to need to delete some stuff, before trying again.
Assuming that this is isn't the issue, then there are some general troubleshooting steps that may help. With the game being so new, it's almost impossible to state definitively what the cause might be. But experience with other games suffering from similar issues, suggests that the following steps might be worth trying.
- Have you tried restarting your console? Sometimes this will be all you need to do in order to refresh your network connection, and overcome the problem.
- If this hasn't worked, start by making sure that there are no issues with the PlayStation network. If there is a problem, you may need to wait until it ahs been resolved before trying again.
- Next, ensure your own internet connection is working properly. Try another device or download. If you're on Wi-Fi, switching to a wired connection will usually result in a more stable connection. And try to minimise the number of other bandwidth hungry apps or devices on the network at the same time.
- Some other games that have experienced a similar issue seem to benefit from trying to download something else at the same time. We don't know why this works. But starting a download of something else, then restarting the GT 7 download, is definitely worth a try.
- Once again, in other games with this problem, going to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other > Restore Licences, then trying again, has been successful for some players.
If nothing works, then it may be worth reaching out to the developers for some additional help. You can message them on Twitter @thegranturismo.
What Is The Gran Turismo 7 Download Error?
As we said earlier, it's difficult at this stage to pinpoint exactly what might be causing download issues for GT 7. But experience suggests a number of potential suspects. Issues with your connection to the server are an obvious starting point. That could be due to a problem with the PlayStation Network, or an issue with your ISP.
But as our other suggested fixes indicate, there are possible factors at play as well. It won't be until you actually try a solution that works, that you'll get an idea of what the problem was.
Hopefully, this will be an issue that won't be around for long. Problems like this tend to be rapidly identified and resolved by game developers. And with a title as prestigious as Gran Turismo, we can't imagine Polyphony or Sony wanting to tolerate anything that may put a dent in its bumper.