The launch of the Halo Infinite campaign has been met with a great deal of praise. But instead of facing The Banished, some players are facing an altogether more challenging foe: a Halo Infinite Gaming Services Bug. Arguably the hardest opponent Master Chief is ever likely to face. Luckily, we're here to offer you a helping hand. So if you find yourself dealing with the gaming service bug, here's what you need to do.
How To Fix Halo Infinite Gaming Services Error
So far, the only confirmed solution to fixing this particular issue comes courtesy of a Reddit user known as ieatblackbeans. Their recommendation is as follows:
- Open the Windows Start menu and search for the Apps & features menu.
- Select the Apps tab, and look for Halo Infinite in the application list.
- Click on Halo Infinite to reveal Advanced options. Click on this.
- Press the Reset button.
- Halo Infinite will vanish from your Xbox app library. Interestingly though, it doesn't actually delete the game.
- Search for the game again in the Store of your Xbox app, and click on Install.
- You will be prompted to redownload the game. But, because the game is already downloaded, this won't actually happen.
- Return to your Library in the Xbox app and Halo Infinite icon will be visible once again.
- Relaunch the game, and this time, the bug should be gone.
If this solution doesn't work, keep an eye out for any patches or updates, and install those. Updates routinely include patches for known issues, so there may be a remedy for this bug included. You can also consider going to halowaypoint.com for additional support.
What Is The Halo Infinite Gaming Services Bug?
The gaming services bug is impacting Xbox Game Pass subscribers on PC. What seems to be happening is this. Players click the Play button on the Xbox app. But instead of launching the game, you get redirected to the Windows Store, to read a page about Xbox Gaming Service. Which, while potentially very interesting to some players, isn't what they came for.
Read More: How To Get A Halo Infinite Killing Spree
It is an error that applies specifically to the Xbox app on PC, so if you're playing Halo Infinite through Steam, you won't be affected. Likewise Xbox console players will not have to deal with this. But if you are on a PC, and running the game through the Xbox app, give the solution we outlined above a go. And you will no longer be banished from fighting The Banished.