If you are getting frustrated by Roblox Error Code 103 on your Xbox when trying to play a game on Roblox, you are not alone.
Roblox, the online gaming platform, is popular with millions of players worldwide. Playing Roblox through your Xbox can, however, throw up errors, and it's pretty annoying. Roblox error code 267, error code 279 and occasional lag in the Roblox game are some examples.
The one we'll be looking at today is "Error Code 103: The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available". We'll take a look at what this error means, what causes it, and how you can fix it.
What Does Error Code 103 Mean On Roblox?
Error Code 103 arises when you are unable to access specific games on the Roblox platform. It doesn't appear to impact every game on Roblox, and there are a number of possible causes for this.
Chiefly, because the content is often user-created, not all of it is suitable for younger players. Microsoft is cautious about protecting children's accounts from inappropriate content, so quite often, if a game is blocked from access, it may well be down to the age settings on the account which you are using to play with.
But there are a few other reasons as well:
- As we mentioned above, an issue relating to the date of birth is extremely common. Essentially, if the account you are using has a date of birth of less than 13, you are likely to be blocked from accessing user-created worlds.
- Likewise on a child account, if you have your security settings set to block content from other people, you may also see error code 103.
- A firmware issue can sometimes be responsible.
- Sometimes, an issue with NAT settings can lead to this error as well.
- Issues with the installation of the game itself can also trigger error code 103. If a file has become corrupted, it may well prevent the game from working properly.
So with that in mind, is there anything that you can do to fix Roblox Error Code 103? Happily, there are a few different fixes which people have found effective. We'll run through those now.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 103 On Xbox
The first, and perhaps the easiest thing to try, is to create a Roblox account and make sure that the date of birth you choose is set to over 18. This will stop the Xbox security from kicking in and denying you access to user-made content. Once you've signed in with this new account, it may well be all you need to do to overcome this error. But what if you are using a child's account?
Allow "other people's content" on the child's account
If the parent's account has disabled the "see content other people make" feature, then the child's account will be blocked from viewing any of that content. This can also throw up Error Code 103, as it means that user-created content is off-limits to the account. So to fix this:
- Sign in to your Xbox console
- Select my games and apps on the dashboard
- Go to Settings and then Family
- Select the relevant child account
- Under Privacy Settings, select Custom
- Enable See content other people make
Read More: How To Refund Roblox Items
Change your NAT settings
In order to work properly, Roblox needs your NAT to be open. If this doesn't mean much to you, don't worry.
NAT stands for Network Address Translation, which is basically how your router is able to communicate with the game. If you've ever tweaked your router settings, or have a really old router, it's possible that the settings you need aren't active. You can either enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) in your router settings, or you can manually set up port forwarding.
To enable UPnP:
- Open your web browser and type one of two addresses to access your router settings menu - 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.0
- Log in using your account details.
- Navigate through your settings to find the Advanced menu. It may also be called NAT Forwarding.
- Enable UPnP, and save the changes.
If you need to manually open the ports:
- Follow the steps we outlined above to access the router menu.
- Go to Port Forwarding.
- Manually open the following ports:
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
- Save this and restart your router, to allow those changes to take effect.
Occasionally, Error Code 103 can be triggered by an error within the firmware, or a temporary file. It is always worth considering performing a power cycle on your Xbox, to see if a reboot remedies the situation. It is also important to make sure that if there are any updates pending for your game or your console, to carry out those updates, and see if that helps.
Last, and most dramatically, if all else fails, you can try deleting and then reinstalling Roblox, to see if this works. A reinstallation will remove any unwanted errors that have crept into the programme, and replace them with the most up-to-date version of the game.
Now that we are done with the problem, let's take a look at how to play Roblox on Oculus Quest 2.