Who says old games can't learn new tricks?
Probably nobody, to be fair. That's no surprise given how often older games are updated, patched, given new DLCs, or turned into some kind of eldritch god.
Most of those are good things though, and the latest update to Total War: Warhammer 2 thanks to The Twisted and The Twilight DLC.
There are so many updates here, just so many.
Patch notes for days
Let's just summarise these, because the full patch notes are unwieldy:
- Wood Elf campaign overhaul
- New regions
- Magical Forests have their own health
- You can perform a Ritual of Rebirth
- Deep roots can teleport Wood Elves
- Even more Wood Elf stuff
- So many bug fixes (seriously, so many)
- Changes to general campaigns
- Quality of Life improvements to the UI
- You can now abandon settlements
- Loads of changes to both factions and lord effects
- Loads of changes to skills
Each of those is broken down into specifics in the patch notes, and we recommend you give them a read if you want to know all about the changes.
There's a lot there, and if you're into it, you're gonna have just the best day.
READ MORE: Total War: Warhammer 3 teased! Details here
When is The Twisted and The Twilight out?
This rather gargantuan DLC is coming out on December 3rd, which is today if you're reading this on the same day it was posted.
It costs £7.99 at full price but is only £7.19 if you buy it in the next few hours.
Naturally, you'll need to own Total War: Warhammer 2 to actually be able to play the DLC, so don't buy it if you don't already own it.
Or, at the very least, buy the full game alongside the DLC or you'll regret it.