Warzone error code Pilum strikes Call of Duty players right in the heart. It seems to be particularly affecting Xbox players. But what is it, why is it happening, and what we can do about it? Those are the essential questions that we'll endeavour to answer for you.
So if you find yourself rowing up the proverbial creek without a paddle, consider us the life preserver that will stop you from struggling against the tide. Here's what we know about error code Pilum, and what to do about it.
How To Fix Warzone Error Code Pilum
It's tricky to pin down exactly why the Pilum error is arising. So there are a few different fixes that may work for you. We'd recommend working your way down the list until you find something that resolves the problem. Here's what we advise:
- Start with the classic restart of your Xbox. Turn off your Xbox fully (as opposed to using Low Power Mode). Once the Xbox is off, unplug it from the mains power for a minute or so, then plug it back in and turn it back on.
- Try clearing the cache on your Xbox. We have a detailed guide on this here.
- Delete the active downloads which prompted the error. To do this:
- Press Guide on your Xbox controller
- Go to Games and Apps
- Choose Active Downloads and select Cancel All
- You can also delete any content that was partially downloaded before the error:
- Go to Settings> Storage
- Delete any content with a yellow exclamation mark next to it
- Try downloading the content once again
- If you haven't already done so, download and install the Call of Duty multiplayer pack. You may have tried to do this from the Xbox home page. If this didn't work, then try going to the Microsoft Store and downloading it from there instead.
- If none of these fixes works, then your next step is a little more drastic: uninstall the game and delete all content. Then start from scratch. Reinstall the game, and try to install all the additional packs you need.
- We'd advise that if you are installing from a disc, go offline before installing the game.
- Once the installation has finished, go back online and install all the additional content you need.
Once you get this far, if nothing has been successful, then we'd recommend contacting Activision support for further advice. You can submit a support ticket, and wait for them to give you a solution.
What Is the Pilum Error?
As we mentioned earlier, error code Pilum seems to be primarily affecting Xbox gamers. When players are downloading Call of Duty and attempting to play it, they are finding that they need to download additional packs in order to play the game.
However, this is where the trouble starts, as when these players attempt to download the necessary packs, they simply receive an error that says "Purchase failed, Error code: Pilum". It doesn't explain what the issue is, or how to resolve it. And it isn't included in the list of known issues provided by Activision.
It seems that the issue is linked to the Xbox not realising that you have already installed Call of Duty. As a result, the packs you are then trying to install can't then be downloaded or installed. It's unclear exactly why this is happening, but one of the most likely explanations is that something went wrong during the installation process of the base game.
Try the solutions that we've outlined above. With luck, this will be all you need to do to resolve the issue, and your pilum problems will be a thing of the past.
Why Does It Say Purchase Failed?
You may be trying to make a purchase, and get the message that your purchase has failed. Typically, this is caused by one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect billing information. This could be on your Battle.net account, or the card itself.
- A mismatch between where your account is registered, and the location where the purchase is being attempted from.
- Multiple failed purchase attempts in a short period of time.
- And finally, your bank may have declined the transaction if they consider it to be an unusual spending pattern.
You can get further support on resolving payment issues here. And if that doesn't help, you may want to contact the Customer Support team for further assistance.