If you've recently bought a PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition, you might currently be wondering how to appear offline on the PlayStation 5 console.
After all, many of us are working from home right now, so there's never been a better time for sneakily playing some video games while you're technically at work. (But don't tell my boss I said that!)
READ MORE:The PS5 will NOT have a web browser
Keep on reading, then, and you'll find out how to appear offline on PS5...
How to appear offline on PS5
Appearing offline on PS5 is very simple - there are just a couple of quick steps you need to follow, and then nobody will know whether you're working or playing Spider-Man. To achieve this blissful state of secret gaming, here's what you need to do...
- From the console home screen, select your own profile (you should see it in the top right of the screen, represented by your profile pic of choice)
- Select 'Online Status' from the little list of options that comes up underneath your profile picture
- Select 'Appear Offline' from the list
It really is that simple! Now you can game in secret as much as you like. Or you could even set your status to 'Busy' if you want people to know that you are online, you just don't want to talk to anyone.
READ MORE:Get £15 BACK on any game you buy
How to mute notifications on PS5
If gaming in solemn, uninterrupted silence is your goal here, you might also want to mute notifications on the PS5 console so nobody can bother you with pesky friend requests or chummy messages.
If that blissful quietness sounds good to you, here's how to mute notifications on PS5:
- Press the PS button on your controller, which will bring up the 'Control Panel' mini menu thing
- In the Control Panel, head over to the 'Notifications' section
- At the top of the list, you should see 'Do Not Disturb - Mute all pop-ups', so obviously you want to click here and toggle this mode to 'On'
You could also hover over 'Do Not Disturb' on this little menu and press the Options button on your controller (which is represented by three little horizontal lines on top of each other).
When you do press the Options but here, you'll see an option to go into your 'Notification Settings' - from there, you should be able to choose more specifically which notifications you do or do not want to receive.
And that's your lot! Have fun gaming in your chilled out little bubble...
READ MORE:The latest PS5 news is here!