Many people have heard of Pokemon, a game that allows players to collect, train and fight virtual monsters. Now, a new blockchain game called Axie Infinity is on the scene. In brief, it is a play-to-earn game where you can collect and breed digital NFT creatures called Axies and use them in battles.
Curious to know more about the game? We are here to tell you. So, Let's dive in!
What is Axie Infinity?
Axie Infinity is an NFT-based online game developed by Vietnamese studio Sky Mavis. This pokemon inspired game is built on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Axie Metaverse is filled with fascinating NFT creatures called Axies. Players collect Axies, breed & raise them, and use them in battles to earn in-game currency. In addition, players can truly own, buy, sell, and trade resources they earn in the game.
The Axie game ecosystem has two tokens: Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) and Smooth Love Potions (SLP). AXS coin is the native currency for rewarding the players and governing the platform. Whereas, the SLP token is used to breed Axies to create new offspring.
How to Play Axie Infinity?
As a matter of fact, Axie Infinity is one of the most popular Metaverse games with a large user base. Currently, the platform has 8.3 million players, which is third only to The Sandbox and Decentraland.
Axie Infinity is a very interesting game and is a perfect introduction to the Metaverse. You can play the game in your spare time, on the go, while on a bus, train or plane and earn some money. So, if you are planning to play the game, here is how:
- First, go over to the official Axie website.
- Click on the Play Now banner at the top right corner.
- Then, you will need to create a Ronin Wallet to store your digital assets.
- Once it is done, you will have to buy 3 Axies to start playing the game. You can deposit AXS coins in your Ronin Wallet and buy Axies from the official Axie Marketplace.
- Now, you need to set up your game account by providing your email and password.
- You can then download Axie Infinity, log in, and play the game. The game is available on Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS (TestFlight).
That's it! You are now ready to play the game. Good luck collecting Axies!