New World Crashing On Launch: How To Fix New World Launch Error And Black Screen Issues
We’re talking launch errors and black screens on New World. And most importantly, what you can do about them.
The launch of the New World beta is an opportunity for Amazon to identify troublesome errors before finally launching the game on August 31st. A common problem users have been experiencing involves New World crashing on launch, before they can even start exploring the game. Others have been experiencing issues with a black screen, and the obvious gameplay challenges this presents.
We’ll be taking a look at both of these issues in this article, and hopefully shedding some light on what they are, and how you can overcome them. Let’s get going.
How to fix New World Launch Error
If you are finding that New World is crashing as soon as you try to launch it, you aren’t alone. There are a few things you can try, in an effort to overcome this. First and foremost, make sure you are running New World on a compatible device that meets the minimum system requirements. Specifically, if you aren’t running Windows 10, then pack up now and go home. Because the New World isn’t for you.
But if you do have the right hardware running the right software, then the game developers recommend the following:
- Run a Steam Integrity Check. To do this:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From a game’s library page, select Manage > Properties.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
- Make sure your Windows software is fully up to date
- Reboot your system
- Uninstall and Reinstall New World.
- Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Perform a clean boot in Windows. Instructions can be found here. A clean boot will disable any non-essential programs that were running in the background. Sometimes these can interfere with the game.
Read More: New World Connection Error: How To Fix Unable To Establish Connection With The Server Error And Check Server Status
How to New World Crashing Black Screen Issues
If you are experiencing problems with a black screen, there are some points to note. In certain circumstances, the black screen is not a fault per se. In certain instances, the black screen might be caused by the game trying to fins space on the server for you. If this is the case, then waiting for a few minutes may be all you need to do, in order to fix the ‘problem’.
But what if this isn’t the issue? This might suggest a slight problem with your graphics settings. So here are some things you can try:
- If your game is running, press Alt and Enter at the same time to go to the windowed mode. Then repeat this to switch back to full screen mode.
- An alternative to this is to try using Alt and Tab to switch out of the game, and then repeating to go back into the game.
One of these may be all you need to fix a temporary issue. But sometimes they won’t be enough, so here’s what to try next:
- Reboot your system
- Ensure all your drivers are fully up to date.
- Make sure you meet all the minimum system requirements for the game:
- DirectX 12
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 or better
- Run a clean boot of the computer
- Check the integrity of the game files, as suggested above
- Try uninstalling the game, and delete the AGS folders found at:
- C:\Users(your comp name)\AppData\Local\AGS
- C:\Users(your comp name)\AppData\Roaming\AGS
- Once you’ve removed these files, reinstall the game and restart your computer.
As we’ve highlighted in other articles, errors during the beta tests are almost as inevitable as death and taxes. But hopefully the solutions we’ve provided will enable you to get back in the world of Aeternum without any more trouble. If not, it won’t be long until the full game is due for release, at which time we can hope that many of these issues will have been resolved.
Read More: New World release date: When does the Amazon MMO come out on PC, and will it launch on PS4 as well?