Error codes on a new generation of games consoles are, sadly, almost as inevitable as being let down by the unfulfilled promises of an elected leader. One of the most recent that players have struggled with on the PS5 is error code E2-00000000 - now that's a lot of 0's, which can't be good.
Luckily, we are on hand to provide some solutions for at least one of these problems. No, not that one. While error codes can seem worrying and frustrating, they usually have a relatively simple solution.
The E2-00000000 error is no exception, so read on for help and support.
How to Fix PS5 E2-00000000 Error
The easiest way to avoid this error, is by disconnecting your PS5 from the internet before installing a new game from a disc.
This prevents any updates from interfering with the installation of the game.
If you tried installing your game before reading this guide, and have had the E2-00000000 message, then try the following:
- Highlight the relevant game on your PS5 home screen.
- Press the "Options" button, then uninstall the game, and confirm this decision.
- Go to the "Settings" menu in the top right corner of your home screen.
- Go to Network>Setting>Connect to the Internet, and go offline.
- Try reinstalling the game from the game disc, and wait until it has fully installed before reconnecting to the internet.
- Once you have reconnected to the internet - by returning to your settings menu - you can select the relevant game from your home screen.
- Press the "Options" button and "Check for update" to download any patches for that game.
The update should then happen in the background with no further issues.
What does Error Code E2-00000000 mean?
This error indicates that your console has failed to install your game properly.
There are examples of this error across a range of different games when players try to install them. It seems to happen when your console tries to install your game from a disc, while simultaneously downloading an update from the server.