Warzone Voice Chat: How To Mute Teammate Mic in Call of Duty: Warzone
Shut up already! How to embrace the sound of silence and mute a teammate mic in Warzone.
Knowing how to mute a teammate mic in Warzone voice chat might seem like a very unusual thing to do. Sometimes, when you are in the midst of battle, you just need to make everyone shut up, and let you focus on the important business at hand. You might be engaged in a hard-fought battle for survival, or maybe you can overhear someone having an argument over the washing up.
Of course, needing to mute a teammate’s mic is perhaps a better problem to have than your Warzone mic not working at all, because at least that way you can tell them to be quiet (although being rude about it could result in a Warzone shadow ban).
Whatever the reason, all that matters is you need that person to stop making noise, and you need them to do it now. With that in mind, here is how to mute a teammate mic in COD: Warzone.
How To Mute Teammate Mic in Call of Duty: Warzone
There are really two main options for muting other people in Warzone. The first option, let’s call ‘Option One’:
- Enter a multiplayer match, then go to Settings
- From here, go to Scoreboard
- You can then mute a specific player by selecting their name, and pressing Toggle Mute
This is the best and easiest way to mute a teammate mic on Warzone. But just for the sake of giving you choice, let’s look at a second option. We’ll call this option, “Option B”:
- In multiplayer mode, go to the Audio tab
- Scroll down to Voice Chat
- This will provide with three options to choose from:
- Mute all – this does what you’d expect.
- Mute all players except friends – This will mute everyone, except people you have specifically chosen as friends.
- Finally, Mute all players except party – This applies if you are playing via an Xbox or PlayStation. It will mute anyone who is not invited to the party.
This option is much more of an all-or-nothing approach to muting people, whereas option one allows you to be much more specific. But let’s say you’ve just muted everyone, and now you’ve realised that actually, you want to unmute them. Let’s see how you do that.
Read More: How To Fix Warzone Packet Loss
How to Unmute Teammate in Warzone Voice Chat
If you really need to unmute everyone in Warzone, you can simply follow the steps we listed above, and select Unmute All. This will instantly make the world a much noisier place.
If, however, there is a specific teammate you wish to reinstall comms from, then highlight their name in the pre-game lobby, and unmute them. If you’re on an Xbox, press A. On a PlayStation, press X. While on PC, toggle the mute option.
That is all you need to know about how to mute teammates in COD: Warzone. Whether they are being deliberately disruptive, playing in a zoo, or you just hate the sound of their laugh, you can thank us later.