Windows 11 Installation Error: How To Fix Windows 11 Update Not Working
Trying to get your hands on Windows 11 and being thwarted? Here are some options.
With the official release of Windows 11, many people are trying to update their computers, only to be hit with a Windows 11 installation error. If you are one of the poor unfortunates for whom Windows 11 remains tantalisingly out of reach, we are on hand to offer some advice. We’ll give you an idea of what you might be able to do, and whether you will be able to start enjoying the benefits of Windows 11. That all-new start menu isn’t going to press itself.
How To Fix Windows 11 Update Not Working
Microsoft has been testing Windows 11 extensively with its Insider program. The hope is that they’ve managed to minimise the number of bugs that are affecting users. On the other hand, Microsoft never intended for everyone to upgrade at once. The plan is for all eligible devices to have the upgrade by mid-2022.
Microsoft have, slightly confusingly, made Windows 11 available for an immediate download as well, via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant. So if you’ve tried to access Windows 11, but had a Windows 11 installation error, here’s what you can do about it:
Windows 11 Installation Error Fix
- Begin by making sure your computer meets the minimum specification for Windows 11. You also need a minimum of 9GB of free disk space to download it. If either of these conditions are not met, you’re not going to be able to successfully install Windows 11.
- Make sure you have Secure Boot enabled.
- You also need to enable TMP 2.0.
- Try using a different installation media, in case the first version has become corrupted. You can use the Media Creation Tool to do this:
- After downloading, run the media creation tool. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
- If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
- On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
- Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 11.
- Select which media you want to use:
- USB flash drive: Attach a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. All data will be deleted.
- ISO file: Save an ISO file to your PC. This can be used to create a bootable DVD. After the file is downloaded, you can go to location where the file is saved, or select Open DVD burner, and follow the instructions to burn the file to a DVD.
But why might you be having problems with the installation in the first place?
Read More: Windows 11 Android Apps Release Date: When Can I Run Android Apps on Windows 11
What causes the Windows 11 Installation Error?
Most commonly, the primary reason for getting the Windows 11 installation error is because you are trying to instal it on a PC that doesn’t meet the requirements for Windows 11. If your machine doesn’t meet those specs, it will almost certainly result in compatibility issues. Microsoft states that:
If you proceed with installing Windows 11 on a PC that does not meet the requirements, that PC will no longer be supported and won’t be entitled to receive updates. Damages to the PC due to lack of compatibility aren’t covered under the manufacturer warranty.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
The other most common reasons, as we have indicated above, involve needing to tweak some settings on your PC, or faulty installation media.
So if you’ve been having problems with installing Windows 11, try the tips we’ve outlined above. If nothing is working, there’s a good chance your computer just isn’t up to the task.
Read More: Microsoft will only give you 10 days to roll back Windows 11 update